A new report on eye care statistics for Wales has just been published. Produced by the Welsh Government and approved by the UK Statistics Authority it focuses on the effective outcomes of the Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Service in the Principality during 2012-13 (April 1-March 31).
https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png 0 0 hammondopticians https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png hammondopticians2013-06-25 13:23:492013-06-25 15:05:55Diabetes and eye health
There were 111,110 patients screened by the Service during this period, of which 3% were labelled as having ‘potential sight-threatening retinopathy’ and were referred to the hospital eye services.
A total 29.5% of patients screened by the were consequently diagnosed with the condition [diabetic retinopathy] and 20% of people screened who were aged 19 and under were confirmed to have diabetic retinopathy, with this figure increasing with age.
This reports goes someway to highlighting how serious diabetes can be to the health of people’s eyes and provides ample proof why regular eye examinations with retinal scans are so vital for early detection of this potentially blinding condition.
For more information about examining the eye’s health click here:
For more information about diabetes in the eye, click here:
- Francis Klein – Product of the Season – Spring 202118/05/2021 - 11:34 am
- Spring Saver – Save on Frames and Lenses31/03/2021 - 5:10 pm
- Care from Hammond Opticians during Covid-19 Pandemic19/05/2020 - 11:42 am
- A Trip Down Memory Lane02/05/2020 - 4:22 pm
- Our Winter Sale has now started!04/12/2018 - 8:20 am
- Hammond Opticians Awarded23/11/2018 - 6:18 pm
- Proud sponsors of Enfield Christmas Parade of Lights23/11/2018 - 8:00 am
- Our Black Friday sale has started!16/11/2018 - 3:04 pm