https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png 0 0 hammondopticians https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png hammondopticians2013-10-23 13:20:432013-10-12 13:24:31Genetics cataracts test
Researchers at the University of Manchester have developed a blood test which can identify the 25+ genes which are present in parallel in children born with congenital cataracts.
The test, which will improve the treatment of those with the condition, analyses every known mutation in the DNA which can cause the disease. Prior to this development each mutation had to be tested individually.
The project was funded by Fight for Sight.
Read more about children’s eyesight.
- Care from Hammond Opticians during Covid-19 Pandemic19/05/2020 - 11:42 am
- A Trip Down Memory Lane02/05/2020 - 4:22 pm
- Our Winter Sale has now started!04/12/2018 - 8:20 am
- Hammond Opticians Awarded23/11/2018 - 6:18 pm
- Proud sponsors of Enfield Christmas Parade of Lights23/11/2018 - 8:00 am
- Our Black Friday sale has started!16/11/2018 - 3:04 pm