Taking an alternative approach, researchers are developing contact lenses which can deliver drugs while the patient wears them.
https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png 0 0 hammondopticians https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png hammondopticians2014-04-29 08:35:372014-03-11 12:17:16Medical contact lenses
Last year saw the technology inch closer with a team in the US manufacturing a prototype with FDA-approved materials. Although the contact lenses are at any early clinical stage, seeking to prove its safety in cell culture and animal models, the next step is clinical trials in humans.
More recently, web giant Google has announced that it is testing prototypes ‘smart’ lenses for diabetes which measure the glucose levels of the wearer’s tears.
- Spring Saver – Save on Frames and Lenses31/03/2021 - 5:10 pm
- Care from Hammond Opticians during Covid-19 Pandemic19/05/2020 - 11:42 am
- A Trip Down Memory Lane02/05/2020 - 4:22 pm
- Our Winter Sale has now started!04/12/2018 - 8:20 am
- Hammond Opticians Awarded23/11/2018 - 6:18 pm
- Proud sponsors of Enfield Christmas Parade of Lights23/11/2018 - 8:00 am
- Our Black Friday sale has started!16/11/2018 - 3:04 pm
- Lacri-Fresh: Your solution to dry eyes01/05/2018 - 8:23 am