https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png 0 0 hammondopticians https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png hammondopticians2014-06-24 08:09:452014-05-13 07:32:19Printing cells
New techniques for arranging cells from the central nervous system with pinpoint precision are progressing.
At the end of last year, scientists from the University of Cambridge demonstrated it was possible to print the cells using an inkjet printer.
Mature retinal nerve cells from rats printed in the lab were able to function and grow like normal cells.
While the research is still at an early stage, the future potential crosses into the realms of sci-fi. With the rate of advances in regenerative medicine, we may be moving closer to a future where surgeons are able to directly print layers of cells inside the eyes of patients.
Read here for information about 3D scanning of the retina.
- Care from Hammond Opticians during Covid-19 Pandemic19/05/2020 - 11:42 am
- A Trip Down Memory Lane02/05/2020 - 4:22 pm
- Our Winter Sale has now started!04/12/2018 - 8:20 am
- Hammond Opticians Awarded23/11/2018 - 6:18 pm
- Proud sponsors of Enfield Christmas Parade of Lights23/11/2018 - 8:00 am
- Our Black Friday sale has started!16/11/2018 - 3:04 pm