https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png 0 0 hammondopticians https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png hammondopticians2013-12-22 09:52:432013-12-19 11:15:48Reindeer red nose not required
A British-funded study has found that reindeer’s eyes change colour in order to help them see better in the dark winter months.
Published in the Royal Society journal Proceedings B, the findings show that the tapetum lucidum (TL), a layer of reflective tissue located behind the retina, changes colour from gold to blue.
This change may help the reindeers to detect predators in low light conditions.
- Francis Klein – Product of the Season – Spring 202118/05/2021 - 11:34 am
- Spring Saver – Save on Frames and Lenses31/03/2021 - 5:10 pm
- Care from Hammond Opticians during Covid-19 Pandemic19/05/2020 - 11:42 am
- A Trip Down Memory Lane02/05/2020 - 4:22 pm
- Our Winter Sale has now started!04/12/2018 - 8:20 am
- Hammond Opticians Awarded23/11/2018 - 6:18 pm
- Proud sponsors of Enfield Christmas Parade of Lights23/11/2018 - 8:00 am
- Our Black Friday sale has started!16/11/2018 - 3:04 pm