https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png 0 0 hammondopticians https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png hammondopticians2013-12-27 10:50:302013-12-19 11:17:49Relieving your vision in today’s digital world
Computers play a part in the professional and personal lives of nearly everyone today. We work, shop, communicate and entertain ourselves on our computers in ways that hadn’t been thought of even a few years ago.
Most people have embraced the opportunity and learned how to make the most of this technology, but our eyes aren’t as flexible. We’re making demands on our sight that it can’t always cope with, and this can lead to tried, stinging, red eyes and headaches.
We can do much to relieve the strain by adjusting our seating position and monitor when using a computer, but a lot more can be achieved by wearing appropriate spectacle lenses.
At Hammond Opticians our qualified Dispensing opticians can recommend newer lens designs that have been specifically designed for computer users. General-purpose varifocals are designed for ‘everyday’ use, with a wide distance vision area, but computer users have a much greater need for the widest-possible arm’s length vision to cover the entire width of the monitor. Varilux Computer lenses deliver this, so that your eyes have to work less to see more.
We also recommend a lens for single vision wearers, with Anti-Fatigue lenses. Your eyes are continually adjusting between near and arm’s length vision (called ‘accommodating’) and they can become very tired as a result. Anti-Fatigue lenses offer support in this area by being slightly stronger towards the bottom of the lens.
It’s a small difference, but a great help to your eyes, so they’re far less likely to get tired. In tests, 70% of wearers said they preferred these lenses to their previous favourite.
- Francis Klein – Product of the Season – Spring 202118/05/2021 - 11:34 am
- Spring Saver – Save on Frames and Lenses31/03/2021 - 5:10 pm
- Care from Hammond Opticians during Covid-19 Pandemic19/05/2020 - 11:42 am
- A Trip Down Memory Lane02/05/2020 - 4:22 pm
- Our Winter Sale has now started!04/12/2018 - 8:20 am
- Hammond Opticians Awarded23/11/2018 - 6:18 pm
- Proud sponsors of Enfield Christmas Parade of Lights23/11/2018 - 8:00 am
- Our Black Friday sale has started!16/11/2018 - 3:04 pm