https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png 0 0 hammondopticians https://www.hammondopticians.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hammond-opticians-enfield.png hammondopticians2014-05-06 08:40:562014-03-11 12:17:38Searching for signs of neurodegenerative disease
While there has been speculation as to whether optical imaging techniques may have a role to play in monitoring, and potentially even diagnosing, certain neurodegenerative conditions, the jury is still out.
Evidence of changes to the number of retinal ganglion cells in patients with Alzheimer’s has been reported, although the scientific community disputes that AMD and Alzheimer’s have a shared pathogenesis.
However, results from a Taiwanese study last year proposed a link between AMD and an increased risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
More studies on the topic are likely to raise further questions during 2014.
- Care from Hammond Opticians during Covid-19 Pandemic19/05/2020 - 11:42 am
- A Trip Down Memory Lane02/05/2020 - 4:22 pm
- Our Winter Sale has now started!04/12/2018 - 8:20 am
- Hammond Opticians Awarded23/11/2018 - 6:18 pm
- Proud sponsors of Enfield Christmas Parade of Lights23/11/2018 - 8:00 am
- Our Black Friday sale has started!16/11/2018 - 3:04 pm